Scones with a side of healthy fats.
Swap out eggs and butter for soft tofu and olive oil, then add the mix-ins of your choosing - the flavour combos are endless!
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/6 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 Cup Soft Tofu
- 1/4 Cup Cream (or Milk)
- Mix-Ins of Choice
Makes 4-6 Scones (depending on scone size)
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add olive oil to dry ingredients and mix until small clumps form throughout.
- Stir in remaining ingredients: mix-ins of choice, tofu, cream.
- Scoop out individual scones directly onto a non-stick baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or more depending on size of scones.
- Suggested Flavour Combinations: Apple & Cheddar, Tarragon & Apricot, Cinnamon & Raisin